Improving Java 1 Bytecode at a TimeStephen Chin | July 25, 2011
This past weekend we held the very first OSCON JVM Languages Symposium.
This was truly a meeting of minds with a huge brain trust of language authors, JVM hackers, and professional developers tackling some of the biggest issues for the Java community at large.
I think we had a pretty good recipe for success that went something like this:
- We ate some yummy Voodoo Donuts
- (while discussing the impact of Java 7++ on JVM languages)
- Washed down our donut remains with some of Portland’s finest Stumptown coffee
- (while discussing JVM language interoperability)
- Had some tasty pizza and drinks on a private patio
- (while pontificating on JVM community dynamics)
- And then back for some more Voodoo Donuts…
As you can see, we took our work (and play) very seriously.
The full proceedings of our event can be found below… given the success, I am looking forward to making this a long standing OSCON Java tradition!